Book announcement

I am pleased to announce that my book, Sociology on Film: Postwar Hollywood's Prestige Commodity, is out now from Rutgers University Press. The shipping date will take a few more days or so, but you can order the book now. Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other book retailers should have it. Or you can order it directly from Rutgers University Press. In past years, Rutgers has had a good holiday sale, and I will update if they offer one this year.
I'm very pleased to see the final product. The press's production team did a great job, and it's just gratifying to see the end result of a long process, from dissertation to the final form this book took. I'll have a few more posts to talk about the book and give some preview of its contents.

For those who have helped along the way, you're probably in the acknowledgments but in any case I appreciate all the support. It's a paradox of academic writing that it is both a profoundly solitary exercise and reliant on the intellectual and personal contributions of others.

Comments

Popular Posts